Jesus called us to be His disciples – that we be committed and devoted to The Way in word and deed. Spiritual growth comes from prayer and reading His Holy Word (the Bible). The goal is NOT to just get the Bible into People, BUT to get the Person into the Bible. Wherever you are on your journey, we encourage you to spend time with God and deepen your knowledge and relationship with our Creator.
The list below is in alphabetical order, not in order of preference. All sources listed are very good. Many of these resources are free or at a marginal cost; others can be expensive.
Red Text = Discipleship Ministry recommendations
Downloadable PDF Files
DISCIPLESHIP MINISTRY RECOMMENDATIONS
Bible Gateway (www.biblegateway.com) -- is a searchable online Bible in more than 200 versions and 70 languages that you can freely read, research, and reference anywhere. With a library of audio Bibles, a mobile app, devotionals, email newsletters, and other free resources, Bible Gateway equips you not only to read the Bible, but to understand it.
ChristianBook.com (www.christianbook.com) -- a Christian catalog and internet retailer.
Gospel Project (www.gospelproject.com) -- points people of all ages to the Good News of the gospel and equips them to live gospel-filled lives individually, in community, and on mission.
LifeWay (www.lifeway.com) -- provides biblical solutions and services to support the Church in Her mission to make disciples. This is done through many ministries, resources, enrichment and training events, and age-group products, including small group studies, Vacation Bible School, leadership development, church consulting, evangelism, discipleship, music, worship, marriage, and parenting.
- LifeWay Women (blog.lifeway.com/womenallaccess) -- 10 Studies for the New Year.
- LifeWay Students (lifeway.com/students) -- desires to be passionately helpful to you in student ministry by providing you with Bible studies, resources, camps, mission projects, and leadership tools.
Read Scripture App (www.readscripture.org) -- from Francis Chan, a brand-new Thematic reading plan that constantly highlights the bigger picture so you can always see the big picture in your reading.
The Bible Project (thebibleproject.com) -- is a non-profit animation studio that produces short-form, fully animated videos to make the biblical story accessible to everyone, everywhere. Creative videos, podcasts, and study guides that explore the Bible’s unified story.
YouVersion (www.youversion.com) -- is a Christian ministry with the mission of helping people engage with the Bible. We believe the Bible has the power to transform people’s lives when they read or listen to it in their own language and then meditate on what its words mean to them.
- YouVersion Reading App (www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/) -- already installed on over 355 million unique devices all over the world, the FREE Bible App offers a free Bible experience for smartphones, tablets, and online at Bible.com. (Offers - Daily Scripture, short 3-10 day topical devotionals, read the Bible in a year study plans, and you can share and learn with a partner for encouragement and accountability.
- YouVersion for Kids (www.youversion.com/the-bible-app-for-kids/) -- has partnered with OneHope to develop the Bible App for Kids, designing it specifically to engage children with Bible stories on an age-appropriate level. By introducing children to 41 of the “big” Bible stories, it helps them understand the overall story that the Bible is telling. Kid-friendly navigation and interactive animations keep children engaged, and select stories and games designed to help them learn, understand, and retain important Bible story concepts.
Zondervan (www.zondervan.com) -- is a world-leading Bible publisher and provider of Christian communications.
- The Story Bible by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee (www.zondervan.com/9780310950974/niv-the-story-hardcover)
BibleHub (biblehub.com) -- an Online Parallel Bible, search and study tools including parallel texts, cross references, Treasury of Scripture, and commentaries. Provides quick access to topical studies, interlinears, sermons, Strong's and many more resources. Its mission is 1) Increase the visibility and accessibility of the Scriptures online; 2) Provide free access to Bible study tools in many languages; and 3) Promote the Gospel of Christ through the learning, study and application of God's Word.
Evangelical Covenant Church (covbooks.com/collection/bibles) -- The Resources website from the Covenant denomination. 28 Bibles to consider.
Crossway (www.crosswway.org) -- The purpose of Crossway has been, from its founding as a not-for-profit ministry in 1938, to publish gospel-centered, Bible-centered content that will honor our Savior and serve his Church. We seek to help people understand the massive implications of the gospel and the truth of God’s Word, for all of life, for all eternity, and for the glory of God.
- Bibles (www.crossway.org/bibles) -- ESV (English Standard Version)
- ESV Bible Story of Redemption (www.crossway.org/bibles/esv-story-of-redemption-bible-tru-2/) -- a Journey through the Unfolding Promises of God leads readers on a journey through this storyline from start to finish, with conversational commentary written by pastor Greg Gilbert interspersed throughout the full ESV text.
InterVarsity Press (www.ivpress.com) -- an extension of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA, InterVarsity Press serves those in the university, the church, and the world by publishing resources that equip and encourage people to follow Jesus as Savior and Lord in all of life.
- Journaling as a Spiritual Practice (Encountering
God through Attentive Writing) by Helen Cepero (www.ivpress.com/journaling-as-a-spiritual-practice)
Logos Bible Software (Faithlife) (www.logos.com) -- a Powerful, Affordable Bible Study Library where everything in your Logos library is connected to other books and tools, a single click can open dictionaries, commentaries, lexicons, and even step-by-step guides.
NavPress (The Navigators) (www.navpress.com) -- is an international, interdenominational Christian ministry established in 1933 as an outreach for followers of Jesus Christ to help others come to know and grow in Him as they navigate through life – a goal embodied by The Navigators motto, “To Know Christ and to Make Him Known®.”
- The Message by Eugene Peterson (www.navpress.com/what-is-the-message) -- The Bible in contemporary language.
Our Daily Bread Ministries (ourdailybread.org) -- a non-denominational, non-profit organization working to distribute more than 60
million resources in 150 countries. Provides materials to help people grow in
their relationship with God. (Radio/Television broadcasts, DVD, podcast,
books, mobile app, or website) “It’s about God’s faithfulness. And You.” Our
mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and
accessible to all.
TecartaBible (tecartabible.com) -- is the perfect, contemporary Study Bible app for your spiritual journey — with over 30 translations and 88 Study Bibles, Commentaries, Devotionals, and Audio Bibles! Tecarta Bible helps you stay connected to God with Verse-of-the-Day and Daily Devotionals, which you can easily share with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter, and Email.
Thru the Bible with Dr. Vernon McGee (ttb.org) -- Listen to “Thru the Bible” – climb aboard the Bible Bus and journey through the Word of God. Other resources include – 5-Year MP3 series, Briefing the Bible, Study Guides, and more.